Setting rules for kids shouldn't be viewed as a punishment! Kids love and need rules and routine, so by setting some guidelines, especially at home, we'd be helping them.
Giving kids a limited margin to act in between gives them more security and relief than have loose ended margins.
General Behavior Rules can be fun!
- Family First
- Be polite and respect other people’s opinions
- Use your own words
- Express yourself without hurting others
- Sharing is caring
- Tell the Truth
- Show compassion
- Don’t be rude or hurtful
- Don't lie
- Don’t use bad or offensive language
- Don't disclose family issues/ secrets
- Don't take what is not yours without asking
Those are simple and general behavioral rules; we will be posting another article on detailed and specific house rules.