Like everything else, baby names fall into trends and change from a year to another.
There are a couple of factors to consider when choosing a baby name:
- Is it matching? Especially in our society, the child will have to always hold or announce his full name, meaning his first, middle/father's, and family name, so always make sure that the combination matches and sounds proper.
- What does it mean? It's very important that you research and make sure that the chose name that you are already in love with holds good or at least acceptable and non offensive meaning in other languages or cultures.
- Is it funny? You might think the name is nice and meaningful but your child and his school mates might find it funny so it will eventually affect his personality and confidence, beware!
- Will it stay suitable? Choose a name that will suit a baby as well a future business man and that doesn't sound ridiculous when, for example, announced after Dr. !
- Any history to it? It's would be nice if you could find a historical name that still sounds nice, it would be a good change of all the meaningless names around!
- Associations that last. If you thinking of giving your baby a name after and incident that you had or a person you met, find a life time association rather than a temporary association that will mean nothing soon... remorse doesn't help.
- Is it popular or overused? Try not to go towards very popular and traditional names as you will find that they are actually overused rather than just popular.
Below is a small selection of the most popular English & Arabic names for Boys & Girls for 2017
Most popular Baby GIRL English Names:
Most popular Baby BOY English Names:
Most popular Baby GIRL Arabic Names:
Most popular Baby BOY Arabic Names: